Monday, February 1, 2010

A quick cake for Christine


This is a quick cake I whipped up for the birthday of my friend Christine last week. I only had less than 24 hours notice. I baked the cake after my cake guild committee meeting on Wednesday night at 10pm. Its a chocolate mud cake. Then when I got home with the children at 2pm on Thursday afternoon, I asked if they could be extra good for a couple of hours while I made some shells and decorated it. Thankfully, they were little angels and I was able to make finish it, in 2 hours. This style of cake that relies totally on moulds, lustre & trickery is my fall back plan, when I haven't got time to mould or create something from scratch. This seashell cake is a variation on one I tried once before, it worked so well the first time, I wanted to have a play again and changes things just a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...