Monday, April 16, 2012

Today we had a lady bug party here at Kiwicakes

-->Today at Kiwicakes we celebrated the birthday of Karina (our parcel packer) with a surprise lady bug party. All of us here at Kiwicakes ooh'd and aah'd over the new ladybug partyware when it arrived. We said we'd love a ladybug party



Poor Karina had no idea we were going to surprise her. I sent her off to the city on an errand, we quickly whipped her packaging supplies off her packing table and transformed it in to this little lady bug party.



I had a lot of fun making the cupcakes & cake, both were super easy to do. The cupcakes are red velvet made in Robert Gordon mini red patty cases I did two styles of icing. One has scalloped circles of the new white chocolate Regalice fondant (which is SOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!) and little red ladybugs made using a ladybug chocolate mould with red candy melts. The other has little premade ladybug icing decorations, which sit on top of a piped leaf (piped using large tip 366) I put them on a silver cupcake stand, I love these stands, at the top, where the stand fits together, it leaves a slit, where you can slip any picture. The ladybug picture, is cut from the packaging of the honeycomb ladybug table centrepiece.
Karina's cake I styled after the ladybug centrepiece. It is made using a 61/4'' hemisphere pan, the head is a 3.5'' hemisphere pan It sits on an 8'' cake board.



The cake is Orange with cream cheese icing under the Satin Ice fondant



We got Karina so good! - she had no idea. I really adore the photo her. She heard us singing Happy Birthday a mile away, but it wasn't until she caught a look at her party table, that I got this photo. I think she looks gorgeous!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...