Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Passionfruit Panna Cotta


I have a list of desserts I want to make, that is so long, I amy never ever get to the end of it. Over the weekend, I got the chance to make Panna Cotta, which I'll confess I haven't ever made before. It was so super easy, I may be guilty of not having considered it previously due to it's fancy name.

This recipe was passed on to me by a friend, I've since been looking at Panna Cotta recipes all over the web and I'm now tempted to also try substituting the milk for (1) buttermilk and (2) coconut milk. So it's back on to my dessert list of things still to try.

500ml cream
125ml milk
60g sugar
1 vanilla pod
3 sheets gelatine

Boil everything together, remove from heat and add gelatine. I didn't bother blooming the gelatine, I simply dropped it in and whisked and whisked and I had no lumps after doing this.

Chill 3-4 hours. Serve with passionfruit pulp. Berries work very well too. You can also chill in a silicone mould and turn out on to a plate. I chose to serve mine in some retro dimple coloured glasses.


1 comment:

  1. This recipe sounds so good! I have never made Panna Cotta before but I think I'm going to have to give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...