Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pecan nut truffles



These delicious pecan nut truffles are so moreish. The Kiwicakes team have declared them "the best new thing they've tasted in ages."

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups pecans toasted and finely chopped
1 cup of Super Wine biscuit crumbs (or Graham cracker crumbs if you can find them in NZ)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Generous 1/4 cup maple syrup
1/8 cup Brandy
1 tsp of vanilla or vanilla bean paste (I used paste)

Use at least 250g chocolate for dipping - more allows you to fill the dipping container, which makes it much easier to dip the truffles. Any leftover chocolate can be used to dip some dried fruit, always a lovely addition to a dessert platter.

With my leftover chocolate I decided to dip dried mango. Because dried mango usually comes in quite large pieces, I cut mine up using scissors and then dipped the cut edge in the chocolate.

I used 30 orange mini foil cupcake papers for the truffles, as I thought they looked great alongside the dried mango slices.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...